- We collect personal information and usage statistics to sustain high-quality member experiences and provide excellent member service.
- Some information we request from you when you join Mebea or participate in a financial transaction. Other data are gathered indirectly from website traffic, your computer hardware and Internet connection, and usage of Mebea websites, applications, and services.
- Except under certain limited circumstances set forth here and in the Mebea Terms & Conditions posted at http://bit.ly/MebeaTerms, Mebea does not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your permission. Mebea may disclose your personal information if required to do so or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Mebea, the Mebea website or any Mebea member; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Mebea, or Mebea product and service users; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of members of the Mebea website or the public. Also, in regards to biological information stored by Mebea, this information may be shared with scientific research institutions (SRI), within a formally recognized personal anonymity agreement made between Mebea and the SRI that maintain your personal identity expressly separated from the biological data shared. In addition, if Mebea should ever merge with or be acquired by another company, or file for bankruptcy, Mebea may sell the information you provide to us on this site to a third party or share your personal information with any company with whom we merge.
- You will have the ability to update the personal data you provided to us during registration from the Mebea website or by contacting us at the Support Center after you sign into the Mebea web site.
- The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Information Displayed to Other Users
- Disclosing Personal Information in Profiles, Forums or in Social Interchange.
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Notice to Those Under the Age of 13
- Your Consent
- How to Contact Us
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
There are different levels of information we collect, depending upon your relationship to Mebea.
- Anonymous Website Visitor: If you visit our websites, we automatically record information related to your IP address, cookie information, and aggregate information on what content you access or visit. This information is collected in the background while you move around our website.
- Mailings: If you choose to provide us personal information to subscribe to our announcements or mailing list, we collect information to provide delivery such as e-mail address, delivery preferences, and message performance statistics.
- Registered Mebea Member: If you choose to register as a Mebea member on our website, we will track and monitor site usage aggregate usage of website features such as media views, member activity, communications, and forums. This is in addition to the personal data collected during the registration process.
- Mebea Player User: If you install or use the Mebea Player software, we collect and aggregate a variety of data to monitor system and physiological performance, and to verify your unique identity. This can include specific and general information about your computer hardware and Internet connection, which are stored but are not personally identifiable. We track usage of customer-service resources to ensure high-quality interactions. This is in addition to the personal data and billing information collected during the registration and billing processes.
- Additionally, there are special situations to mention:
- Beta Tester: If you volunteer to serve as a beta tester for pre-release software or content, Mebea tracks bug reports and may monitor individual system performance in an effort to rigorously test pre-deployed technology.
- Former Member: If you cease being a member for any reason, Mebea may keep a copy of your registration and past activity in our database.
- Response to Career Postings or Unsolicited Communications: Please note that information Mebea receives in reference to a career posting or through unsolicited communications does not fall under the privacy terms outlined in this policy. Information from your resume will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy for employment. Other unsolicited communications, such as email, are the property of and may be used by Mebea as needed to fulfill business requirements.
- Individuals Outside of the United States: Anyone using Mebea websites, applications, or services from outside of the United States should be aware that personal information collected on the websites, applications, and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Mebea or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using these websites, applications, and services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Information Displayed to Other Visitors and Members
Disclosing Personal Information in Profiles, Forums, or in other Social Interactions in Mebea Sites and Softwares
You may choose to disclose personal information in our online forums, your Mebea profile, directly to other members in public or private chat, or in other manners while using the Mebea service. Please be aware that such information is public information, may be misused by anyone accessing Mebea, and you should not expect privacy, safety, or confidentiality in these settings.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
Mebea complies with applicable laws and industry standards when transferring, receiving and storing visitor and member data. Access to your personal information is limited to those Mebea employees who require the information to provide products or services to you or perform their jobs.
Only Those 13 or Older May Register
Mebea does not allow children under the age of 13 to register without supervision. To access the content permitted for players under 13 years of age, a user over 18 years of age may create a supervised account for the younger person. All actions of that supervised user in Mebea will be connected with the original account. Registration for our website and/or Mebea Player software and services requires entry of a valid and eligible Date of Birth.
How to Contact Us
Mebea welcomes your questions and comments relating to privacy. Please direct any communications at http://bit.ly/MebeaContact.
You may also contact Mebea through US Postal Mail at:
571 Autumn Lane
Atlanta, GA 30068
Last updated: October 8, 2010